Job Posting |
**Nurses (RNs) needed in Daytona Beach!
Covance is a leading supplier of drug development services to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. We partner with innovative companies, offering valuable services in all phases of the drug development process as well as analytical and commercial impact services. As an integral part of these partnerships, our employees make a difference in the lives of millions.
We are currently hiring a Research Nurse for our Daytona Beach, FL facility.
The research nurse is responsible for all study unit activities in the conduct of clinical trials with emphasis on the safety and welfare of study participants. This includes:
• Utilizing nursing assessment skills to observe participant general well-being and potential adverse events
• Obtaining Informed Consent and documenting medical history.
• Administering investigational compounds to participants
• Performing study related activities such as vital signs, ECGs, venipuncture.
• Collecting and processing biological samples
• Handling participant complaints efficiently and effectively
In the development of pharmaceuticals, the initial human trials (first-in-human trials) provide a preliminary evaluation of drug safety, tolerance and pharmacokinetics. As the drug candidate progresses through clinical development, clinical pharmacology studies such as drug-drug interaction, food effect and special population studies, will be conducted.
With state-of-the-art Clinical Research Units, Covance has helped hundreds of drug development companies progress their compounds from preclinical to proof-of-concept studies. Each Clinical Research Unit has a dedicated team of professionals, including physicians, scientists, project managers, nurses and recruiters - whose mission it is to bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner.
• Associates Degree or BS degree in nursing with current licensure in applicable state.
• BLS, ACLS
• Critical Care experience preferred
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 2 years ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...