The Research Project Manager will be responsible for managing complex research projects and conducting independent research. The Research Project Manager will be the primary person establishing parameter values for use in projecting the future socioeconomic characteristics resulting from population change in Texas and the United States.
These projections will include projections of the population, the labor force; enrollment in elementary, secondary schools, and colleges; income; consumer expenditures; state and local tax revenues; health status and health and medical service needs; housing by type; and in numerous other areas. The Research Project Manager will also write key parts of analytical chapters of two major books and numerous journal articles to be produced from the work noted above.
The funding for this position is from grants for a maximum of two years depending on approval of funds for the second year (the first year is guaranteed) from the granting agency.
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
in data analysis and project management.
May substitute additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Applicant must have established computer and other computational skills.
- Must show proof of his/her ability to write analytical reports, professional publications in established journals and to work on multi-person and multidisciplinary teams.
- Must demonstrate experience in locating and using public and private service data.
- Master's or higher level with extensive applied and professional publication record in demographic and public service analyses.
- Master's or higher degree in social science or planning related field.
- Five to ten years of experience in the analysis of population change and related public and private service demands and costs; and extensive publication record in both applied and disciplinary oriented publications.
Other Skills Preferred
Extensive record of applied and professional publications on the implications of demographic change for public and private services.
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
Eligible for Overtime
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
Rice University - 2 years ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...