Under the supervision of Dr. Elaine Howard Ecklund, Herbert S. Autrey Professor of Sociology and Religion and Public Life Program (RPLP) Director (www.ehecklund.rice.edu and rplp.rice.edu), the Research Project Manager will be primarily responsible for the coordination, data management, and timeline management of the Religion among Scientists in International Context study (RASIC), an eight-nation study (India, Hong Kong, US, UK, Taiwan, Turkey, Italy, and France) of how scientists understand religion, gender, and ethics. This project is funded by the Templeton World Charity Foundation.
This position begins August 15, 2013 and goes through August 31, 2015, with the possibility of an extension.
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Research project management in a related field.
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to collect, organize, and manage large amounts of data.
- Ability to work independently and on a team, and be flexible.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required to interact with high level scientists.
A bachelor's or master's degree in sociology or another related discipline.
Five years of research project management experience in Sociology or a related field is preferred.
Other Skills Preferred
- Knowledge of statistical software packages such as SPSS.
- Knowledge of website design.
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
Occasional evening or weekend work related to events is required.
Job Posting Category
Eligible for Overtime
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
Rice University - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...