(Part-time, hourly position)
The Research Recruiter will recruit participants at nightclubs, bars, dance clubs, and other venues in Boston for an HIV epidemiology study among club-drug using men who have sex with men. The Research Recruiter will also conduct quantitative assessments in the field for the purposes of informing recruitment strategies. The individual in this position must be available to work nights and weekends and be comfortable going LGBT-oriented to clubs and bars. This is an hourly position for ranging from 2-10 hours per week.
Typical duties include: providing information about the study to male patrons; recruiting male patrons at nightclubs, bars, dance clubs and other venues in Boston; adhering to all study protocol guidelines for participant recruitment; and maintaining related recruitment logs and compliance with study-specific documentation requirements of activities in the field.
Additional duties include: establishing media contacts, community collaborations and recruitment sources to support recruitment efforts; attending study staff meetings; conducting quantitative assessment data collection with research subjects in the field; adhering to established safety policies and procedures.
NOTE: No degree required. College-age students and young adults are encouraged to apply.
When applying for this position, please reference the job title and job ID #269 and provide a resume and brief cover letter.
- Experience working or volunteering with LGBT populations
- Comfort with working in LGBT-oriented clubs and bars
- Friendly and outgoing attitude
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Comfort and willingness to approach and interface with people in a non-professional, potentially chaotic environment.
- Familiarity with LGBT-oriented night clubs and bars in the Boston-area
- Experience working under time constraints and with definitive deadlines
- Experience with HIV/AIDS education and/or service delivery
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Leadership skills and proven track record of accountability
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
Fenway Health - 21 months ago
Fenway Health is a comprehensive community health center, providing a wide continuum of health care services. We are New England’s...