• Understand performance needs of the current and potential markets in which Apolhya or, to a lesser degree, Reverlink is viable and match to the characteristics of Arkema's various product grades.
• Maintaining continuous collaboration with scientists and engineers and the Business Team in other Arkema locations.
• Direct collaboration with the legal department for the support and growth of intellectual property and with the HES department for New Product and regulatory needs.
• Provide technical information and performance benefits of the Apolhya and Reverlink products to field sales.
• Ability to suggest the best ways for a customer to use the product in their systems or applications.
• Able to adjust our recommendations to account for the differences in the customers and their applications. Quality control is critical. The person in this role will also perform the appropriate characterizations and analyses (with A&SR) to confirm the quality of the product(s) being shipped
• Able to trouble shoot the customers' processes and adjust them to use Arkema's product offerings.
Management of the Business Processes:
• Act as product leader and main contact for technical and business related concerns around Apolhya and Reverlink. Includes: managing customer orders, material imports, inventory management, and organizing tolling operations, and assuring regulatory requirements are met.
The individual should have a PhD in Polymer Engineering & Science, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related field and a minimum of 5 - 10 years experience in the R&D environment, experience interacting with customers and ideally with some leadership experience. Familiarity with melt processing and novel polymer processing operations is desirable. Hands-on knowledge of Polymers (synthesis and applications) and R&D processes (Stage Gate, portfolio management, project planning, metrics, etc.) is required. Previous Commercial Development or Business/Marketing Management is a plus. Good computer skills (spread sheets, organization) and verbal communication, as well as knowledge of the Arkema organization are also a plus.
Arkema - 19 months ago
Arkema's into vinyl, but not in a weird way. The North American branch of France's Arkema manufactures many vinyl products, such...