This position is located at the Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC), an international leader in energy and environmental research, conducting projects for clients throughout the United States and the world. The EERC offers opportunities to people with an exceptional work attitude, dedication to high professional standards, and a commitment to personal development. We are looking for experienced, aggressive, scientifically trained, and market-oriented individuals to contribute to the success of the organization by performing one or more of the following functions: develop fracture models for oil and gas development in unconventional plays such as the Bakken, conventional, and saline resources, performing visual fracture analysis on core; develop regional structural trends and interpretations; assist in the preparation of technical reports; and interface with a diverse team of scientists and engineers to meet project goals and deadlines. Some travel is required. For more information, visit the EERC's Web site at www.undeerc.org.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in geomechanical, geological, petroleum, reservoir, environmental, or related engineering or geoscience field
- Basic understanding of rock geomechanical principles
- Visual core logging for fractures
- Perform detailed fracture characterization
- Basic understanding of structural geology and stress/strain relationships
- Basic understanding of sedimentary geology
- Basic understanding of geologic stratigraphy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Criminal history background check.
- Applicants may be required to present to the interviewers during the interview.
- Cover letter and resume or curriculum are required.
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations.
- Author or coauthor of published peer-reviewed article or technical paper
- Experience modeling fractures using a 3-D visualization software package
- Experience building a 3-D mechanical earth model
- Experience applying borehole deviation corrections to fractures
- Experience with remote sensing software and techniques
- Experience with aeromagnetic data interpretation
- Advanced degree in geology, geological sciences, geophysics, geological engineering, petroleum engineering, or related field.
- Two or more years of oil and gas industry experience
Please complete UND Application/Control Card form found online at http://und.edu/finance-operations/human-resources-payroll/ referencing job title and posting number. If claiming Veteran’s preference, a DD Form 214 must be attached. If claiming Disabled Veterans Preference, a DD Form 214 and a copy of VA statement dated within past year must be attached. All applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date and have complete name and current mailing address.
Posting Number: 13-248
An EEO employer
Indeed - 17 months ago