This position is located at the Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC), an international leader in energy and
environmental research, conducting projects for clients throughout the United States and the world. The EERC offers opportunities
to people with an exceptional work attitude, dedication to high professional standards, and a commitment to personal
development. We are looking for experienced, aggressive, scientifically trained, and market-oriented individuals to contribute to
the success of the organization by performing one or more of the following functions: develop advanced petrophysical interpretation from well log and lab data for oil and gas development in unconventional, conventional, and saline resources; assist in the preparation of technical reports; and interface with a diverse team of scientists and engineers to meet project goals and deadlines. Some travel is required. For more information regarding the EERC, visit www.undeerc.org.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in petroleum, reservoir, environmental, geological, chemical, or related engineering or geoscience field.
- Advanced understanding of geophysical well log interpretation.
- Perform detailed log analysis and interpretation with industry standard software.
- Perform integrated petrophysics with core analysis, well testing, geophysical, and/or outcrop data.
- Perform statistical analysis to calibrate and normalize data.
- Basic understanding of sedimentary geology and stratigraphy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Criminal history background check.
- Applicants may be required to present to the interviewers during the interview. Cover letter and resume or curriculum are required.
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations.
- Author or coauthor of published peer-reviewed article or technical paper.
- Experience modeling using a 3-D visualization software package.
- Experience using neural network methods for advanced interpretation.
- Experience with a programming language.
- Experience applying borehole deviation corrections to fractures.
- Experience with remote sensing software and techniques.
- Experience with aeromagnetic data interpretation.
- Advanced degree in geology, geological sciences, geophysics, geological engineering, petroleum engineering, or related field.
- Two or more years of oil and gas industry experience.
Special Instructions: Reference 13-250 in message box
Applicants may be required to present to the interviewers during the interview
UND is an EEO employer.
Indeed - 18 months ago