Plan and execute database analysis and literature review projects. Independently complete basic project management tasks (financial management, timelines, client correspondence); partner with Scientific leadership in protocol and report development and statistical analysis. Assist with creation of client deliverables and participate in manuscript development for though leadership.
Specific Job Duties:
• Performs analyses of large, retrospective patient databases in support of epidemiologic and health outcomes research for client projects
• Performs analyses of drug safety trends, using software for the FDA’s AERS and other databases containing spontaneous adverse event repots
• Assists with preparation of proposal drafts, protocol drafts, and reports/summaries. Can summarize quantitative and qualitative analysis results for project deliverables.
• Conducts pharmacoepi literature reviews and oversees tabling of data from articles.
• Develops manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
• Collaborates and works closely with UBC technical team developing innovative software for rapid analysis of retrospective patients databases, providing insight on best uses of tool for clinical research
• Maintains familiarity with current scientific literature. May co-author presentations for scientific conferences and manuscripts for scientific journals.
• Efficiently delegates and communicates within/outside of project team, and communicates regularly with senior project team members (i.e. lead scientist, principal investigator) about project tasks. Able to track timelines, budgets, and keep project team informed in order to complete work within the expected timeframe.
• Communicates regularly with senior project team members (i.e. lead scientist, principal investigator) about project budget and timelines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Develops and presents internal scientific trainings, and attends trainings and brown bags led by colleagues
• May attend scientific conferences for professional development/training, and networking
• Adherence to company and department Standard Operating Procedures and other work practices
• Participates in the scientific development of peers as appropriate
• Hands-on experience conducting research utilitzing large retrospective, patient databases (electronic health records, administrative claims, adverse event reporting databases)
• Expereince in the design and implementation of epidemiologic studies using claims and electronic medical record databases
• Knowledge of practical research implementation (IRB process, data collection and management, familiar with qualitative and quantitative analysis)
• Demonstrated ability to work well within diverse project teams
• Well-developed communication skills and scientific writing skills, as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications, technical reports, or other scholarly work
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Collaborative team member, capable of efficient multi-tasking
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a global scientific and medical affairs organization that partners with life science companies to...