Position: Research Scientist
Location : Danbury, CT
About our Company :
FuelCell Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCEL) is a world leader in the development and manufacture of fuel cell power plants for clean, efficient and reliable electric power generation. With approximately 180 megawatts of power generation capacity installed or in backlog, we are a global leader in providing ultra-clean baseload distributed generation to utilities, industrial operations, universities, municipal facilities, government installations and other customers around the world. Our power plants have generated over one billion kilowatt hours of power using a variety of fuels including renewable biogas from wastewater treatment and food processing, as well as clean natural gas. The Company is currently in a growth mode and engaged in significant commercial development activities to ramp the business and sales of our DFC ® Power Plants.
A dedicated scientist to work on concep
- st and realization of carbonate fuel cell service life extension
Understand electrolyte chemistry and physics in the carbonate fuel cell system
Take part in post-test analysis
- Develop of models of electrolyte-related processes such as electrolyte distribution and evaporation
- Develop high performance electrolyte system
- Conduct experimental investigation to characterize physical, chemical and electrochemical properties of the electrolyte
Education: M.S. or Ph.D. Degree in chemistry, electrochemistry, chemical engineering, or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 1-year in electrochemistry research and development is desired. Chemistry/chemical lab experience is required.
Ideal candidate will be:
We offer a competitive salary, bonus, opportunity, and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid leave.
- Knowledge of electrolyte chemistry, electrochemistry and high temperature materials, design of experiments and independent project management.
- Familiar with electrochemical techniques: (polarization, AC impedance) and analytical techniques: XRD, BET, SEM, microscopy and particle size analysis.
- Computer knowledge: Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Project).
- Able to interact with internal and external customers, work in a multidisciplinary team and be able to independently conceive, design and execute experiments; interact with manufacturing and technology teams, capable of communicating with all levels of the organization, and report results and updates to managers.
- Hands-on, experimental experience, team worker; independent worker; comfortable to work in a chemical lab environment
No agencies please.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
FuelCell Energy - 2 years ago