Research Scientist :
Location : San Francisco
InMobi builds mobile-first customer engagement platforms that transform the economics of influencing global consumers. We help our customers engage consumers in a far more intimate way through mobile advertising. The company has more than 900 employees worldwide and reaches more than 750 Mn mobile users.
The Data Sciences group at Inmobi is a young team which works on harnessing the vast volumes of data ( more than 5 TB/ day , 9 Bn events/day) generated by our user platforms. We perform fundamental and applied research in a variety of areas to invent and design high-impact solutions and platforms to engage our customers.
The Research Scientist will conduct basic and applied research to increase the impact of our products.
The primary responsibilities will be around:
- Conducting custom research projects
- Incorporating latest research into the existing products
- Design and prototype new products
- Successful candidates will have a Ph.D or equivalent qualification in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics.
- The ideal candidate would have applied machine learning, statistics, time series and/ or data mining techniques on real life problems working on large data sets
- A high-impact research track record will be viewed favourably.
- Ideally you would have 5+ years of industry experience working in research teams. Candidates with lesser experience may be considered for Junior Research Scientist positions.
- You should be comfortable with software programming and data analysis tools such as R, Matlab etc.
- We are looking for people with a high degree of curiosity and ability to rapidly learn new subjects and systems.
- You will also have the ability to effectively create research agendas and communicate innovations to the rest of the organisation.
- You would be comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams.