We have an immediate opening for a Research Scientist in our Denver, Colorado Corporate Office. The Research Scientist will research, develop, and manage Dairy Science technology projects that bring a continuous stream of new understanding to our products in order to ensure we continue to increase our knowledge of the technical (physical, chemical, and microbiological) factors impacting our products and to keep our company at the forefront of our industry.
- Design and execute dairy technology projects in order to enhance our overall understanding and ability to troubleshoot problems for existing product lines for whey processing technologies.
- Increase Leprino Foods understanding of the science of whey production processes and technologies.
- Provide Plant and Research Plant personnel with technical training in the areas of whey science.
- Provide scientific and analytical expertise to internal and external customers.
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Chemistry, or Biochemistry with two to three years experience or;
- Master’s degree in Food Science, Food Chemistry, or Biochemistry
- Experience with beverage development as well as testing and evaluation of protein, carbohydrates, lipids, and dairy products
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience in a lab setting with developing, testing, and evaluating the shelf-life of dairy beverages and foods, as well as understanding protein interactions with other food ingredients
- Ability to travel 10-15%
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to work constructively with managers and personnel from many functional areas
- Dedicated to the advancement of science and technology in area of dairy foods and beverage production and dairy ingredients chemistry and functionality
Leprino Foods Company is an equal opportunity employer who supports a drug-free workplace. EOE/AA
Percent of Travel Required?
Some (up to 25%)
A titan of cheese, Leprino Foods is a worldwide leader in mozzarella-making. The company sells its soft cream-colored cheese to food...