We are seeking a highly motivated, creative and innovative bench scientist, with a proven track record in the area of airway epithelial biology, to join our discovery biology research group at Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc in San Diego. The successful candidate will have demonstrated scientific expertise in the characterization of airway remodeling in response to insult and disease. Experience in in vitro/ ex vivo modeling of lung physiology is preferred. |
- Independently designs, directs and executes key in vitro/ ex vivo studies to understand disease biology, elucidate mechanism of action at the molecular and cellular level, and support respiratory discovery projects.
- Critically analyzes and interprets data, and effectively documents and communicates results to diverse audiences.
- Provides strong scientific and technical leadership, utilizing technical expertise across a range of in vitro and ex vivo assays.
- Demonstrates project leadership skills, including the ability to direct projectrelated activities in areas of expertise, with a focus on the initiation and progression of early stage efforts.
- Works effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment, has excellent organizational and communication skills with a welldeveloped ability to multitask and make critical decisions.
- Ph.D. (or equivalent degree) in Cell Biology, Pharmacology, Physiology or a related field with 25 years drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical/ biotechnology setting or in an academic organization, or
- MS (or equivalent degree) in similar field with 5+ years of similar experience, or
- BS (or equivalent degree) in similar field with 8+ years of similar experience
- A broad working knowledge of molecular/cellular pharmacology and physiology, and a proven track record of providing innovative solutions to complex research problems
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in in vitro/ ex vivo modeling of lung physiology
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fastpaced, highlymatrixed work environment
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society
CareersInPharmaceutical.com - 16 months ago