We are seeking a highly motivated, creative, and innovative bench scientist to join our Cystic Fibrosis drug discovery group at Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc in San Diego. The successful candidate will have demonstrated scientific expertise in the molecular pharmacology of membrane targets with a focus on ABC transporters such as the CFTR.
- Independently designs and executes pharmacology studies to understand how drugs work at a molecular or cellular level.
- Provides scientific and technical expertise across biochemical and cellular assays focused on CFTR function.
- Effectively analyzes and interprets data, and effectively documents and communicates results to diverse audiences.
- Works effectively in a team environment, with excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Cell Biology, Physiology, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years post-doctoral
- Demonstrated experience in membrane targets with a focus on ABC transporters
- Broad working knowledge of pharmacology using native cell systems and a proven track record of productivity
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Vertex creates new possibilities in medicine. Our team discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapies so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Vertex scientists and our collaborators are working on new medicines to cure or significantly advance the treatment of hepatitis C, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other life-threatening diseases. Founded more than 20 years ago in Cambridge, MA, we now have ongoing worldwide research programs and sites in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Vertex has consistently been recognized as one of the industry's top workplaces by leading publications such as Science Magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and The Scientist, For more information and to view Vertex's press releases, please visit www.vrtx.com.
- Drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting
- Embody the Vertex Core Values of Uncompromising Commitment to Patients, Fearless Pursuit of Excellence, Innovation is Our Lifeblood, and "We" Wins
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information,sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals aims to cure patients with previously incurable diseases. The biotechnology company uses an integrated,...