Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Research and respond to various requests, inquiries and information made by departments, the public and private agencies; analyze, develop and maintain City plans and perform a variety of specialized duties relative to assigned area of responsibility.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements:
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, computer science, public administration or related field, plus three (3) years of research and analysis experience.
Possession of a valid New Mexico Driver's license (Class D) by date of hire.
Possession of a valid City Operator's Permit (COP) within 90 days from date of hire.
- Methods and techniques of research
- Principles and procedures of record keeping
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation
- Operational characteristics of applicable computer software packages
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Pertinent Federal, State and local codes, laws and regulations
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Research various requests, inquiries and information made by departments and the general public
- Develop and maintain information systems used to compile, collect and organize data
- Maintain and update accurate records and files
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Prepare clear and concise reports
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
City of Albuquerque - 4 months ago