When the call queue is within threshold limits the Specialist’s main duty is to manage cases escalated by the CSR group. These cases will normally be generated from customer-level issues, but may arise from other internal or external sources as well. Cases can include bug reports, enhancement requests, customer complaints, and/or a need for research. Specialists are expected to employ a variety of methods to ensure that the issue is addressed by the appropriate individual/department and that the customer is kept updated on the progress until resolution is reached. Additional functions include support of corporate staff for select chain customers as well as the management of the Solutions knowledge database.
customer complaints, enhancement requests, and research requests.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the team/product of responsibility
- Take inbound customer calls when a certain threshold is met/passed as instructed by supervisor/manager
- Leverage remote access capabilities as a part of the Business Continuity Team, ensuring availability for customers in the event of management enacting the BCP.
- Participate in the departmental “On-Call” Rotation, again leveraging remote access to provide support access for customers outside of the center’s regular operating hours.
- Case management – including receiving and responding to customer email inquiries,
o Coordinate with appropriate individual/department for case resolution on issues escalated outside the product group
o Track aging status on outstanding inquiries via Dashboard Management
o Update customer on a periodic basis until the case has been closed
o Upon case resolution make sure that all necessary individuals/departments are made aware of resolution if it affects any aspect of their operations.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Where appropriate, serve as a first point of contact for corporate staff on Support-related inquiries and address or escalate any issues as necessary.
- Submit, review, and maintain “Solutions” in the Salesforce knowledge database.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or 1 year related experience and/or training.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Written Communication Certification
- Sustained high level performance in current Key Performance Indicators/Goals
- Handles confrontational situations with patience and professionalism.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong Organization Skills
- Ability to focus on details and produce thorough resolutions to customer inquiries
Chamberlin Edmonds - 19 months ago
Chamberlin Edmonds, an Emdeon company, is a leading provider of comprehensive eligibility and enrollment services with over 26 years of...