Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2012-13 school year, 24 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 45,000 students in grades K-12 (some schools do not serve all grades) from across the U.S.
The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the U.S. and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services.
From an office in the Harbor East area of Baltimore, the Research Specialist is responsible for data analyses of both student and school-wide performance and demographics. The Research Specialist will also be responsible for communicating results of these analyses to audiences including corporate staff, school administrators, and teachers. The Research Specialist will also assist schools in the maintenance of state test data within Connections Education’s proprietary Connexus® Educational Management System. The Research Specialist will work as part of the Research and Assessment team and will also work collaboratively with other departments within Connections Education as well as schools operated by Connections Education.
The Research Specialist must demonstrate expertise in data analysis techniques including logistic regression, factor analysis, and time series analysis. The Research Specialist must also demonstrate expertise in communicating results both verbally and in writing to non-specialist audiences.
Candidates with a background in educational evaluation as well as experience working with K-12 online learning programs are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Compile, summarize, and analyze student and school-wide performance and demographic data;
• Assist in the creation, entry, and maintenance of information within a relational database system;
• Prepare reports for corporate-level policy and school-specific planning;
• Support on-time responses to time-sensitive data requests as needed;
• Work collaboratively with cross-departmental teams and Connections Academy schools;
• Assist in project/program management, planning, and implementation; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Education, Educational Measurement, Educational Psychology, or related field
• Minimum of two years experience in educational or social science research, or a related field
• Experience analyzing data using logistic regression, factor analysis, and time series techniques
• Experience with Microsoft Excel required; experience with SPSS, SAS, R, etc. is a plus
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate results to non-specialists
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- 2 years ago - save job