Fond du Lac
Regular Travel to Other Campus Locations Required
Full Time or Part Time
Weeks Per Year
Summary of Work Schedule - Academic
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Total Hours/Week - Academic
Summary of Work Schedule - Summer
Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Total Hours/Week - Summer
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Research Specialist at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position provides technical research support and coordination of research activities for the Institutional Research team.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assist with writing reports in response to internal data requests using reporting software (i.e. Cognos) to access data from Banner, Banner Operational Data Store ( ODS ) and the Enterprise Data Warehouse ( EDW ). Incorporate statistical analysis and business analytics as required.
2. Support the Institutional Research team activities by assisting with the development and maintenance of documentation including research methodologies, Report Library, specifications and associated documentation.
3. Prepare research reports by accessing and analyzing information and data from a variety of internal and external sources.
4. Assist Institutional Research team members with the task of working with other areas of the College to address their research needs. Prepare and conduct surveys/studies, and collect, code, and analyze data required for ongoing college research and assessment activities, utilizing statistical analysis software as needed.
5. Assist with validating information and assuring data is credible in identifying institutional and market trends, including demographics, occupational information, and other requirements. Assist with analyzing data and processes which affect data integrity.
6. Support the maintenance and submission of surveys or reports mandated or requested by the WTCS Office, external agencies, and internal staff, adhering to the strict guidelines established by these entities.
7. Collect, organize, analyze and report on secondary research data to support defined initiatives.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in research, statistics, mathematics, computer or information science, or a related field.
2. Two years of related work experience.
3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
4. Demonstrated ability to utilize computer based analysis tools for the compilation, manipulation and presentation of data utilizing Cognos, Argos and SQL querying methods.
5. Detailed knowledge of SPSS or similar statistical analysis software.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of complex statistical analysis techniques and tools, and a working knowledge of market research techniques.
7. Working knowledge of survey development systems including Teleform, SurveyMonkey or similar, scanner-based survey development system.
8. Ability to compile reports using charts, graphs and statistical applications.
9. Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
10. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
11. Strong verbal, written communication and human relations skills.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive College information.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program
Special Instructions to Applicants
The application form itself must be fully completed. Indicating “see resume” in blanks does not constitute a completed application and may result in disqualification. All application materials must be submitted online. Moraine Park Technical College conducts criminal arrest and conviction records checks on all management, supervisory and confidential, faculty, support professional, temporary and adjunct faculty applications who are recommended for employment. Applicants with disabilities who need accommodations should contact the Human Resources Department, 920-924-3232 or TTY 920-929-2109. Applications accepted through the close of the business day (4:30 p.m.) of the closing date of the position posting. Moraine Park Technical College is an equal opportunity/access employer and educator.
Contact information: email@example.com, 920-924-6402. Please view our website at www.morainepark.edu .
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled