The research specialist position supports the overall agronomy research program with an emphasis on crop production prevalent in northeast North Dakota. Two main agronomic program emphasis areas include crop variety evaluation trials and applied crop production research. The research specialist will participate in all field and laboratory activities in the agronomy program. This includes (but not limited to) seed and field plot preparation, planting, crop maintenance, pesticide application, recording field observations, harvesting, and processing harvested plot samples. This position requires an excellent work ethic and desire to keep learning and improving. The position requires a ND Pesticide Certification License.
- B.S. degree in agricultural or related discipline or an associate’s degree and three years experience working in a farm setting.
- Exhibited capability to operate field scale and plot size research equipment.
- Broad knowledge of agricultural production in ND.
- Demonstrated computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Extremely well organized.
- Capable of supervising two or more staff.
- ND Pesticide Certification License
- M.S. Degree in an agricultural discipline
- Experience in scientific research and knowledge of statistical tools used to analyze research data.
- Confidence and ability to perform farm machinery repair work.
Open Until Filled:
Internal/External Simultaneously: Open to all applicants
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Resume and cover letter must be submitted online.
No Smoking Notice:
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Veteran’s Preference Notice:
This position is subject to North Dakota Veteran’s Preference requirements.
NDSU Langdon REC
North Dakota State University - 17 months ago