The position will oversee and coordinate the daily activities of a research laboratory, including training and directing technicians, for the development of clinical tests for prostate cancer. The position will be responsible for a variety of duties within the molecular laboratory facility.
- Oversee and coordinate daily activities of the laboratory including design and implementation of experimental protocols. Supervise Research Technicians in performance of their duties in the laboratory.
- Develop standard operating protocols, modify techniques, maintain and update experimental results.
- Troubleshoot technical problems with vendors and equipment manufacturers. Schedule preventative maintenance and repair visits as necessary.
- Establish capital lease agreements or acquisitions.
- Assist with submission of grant proposals and IRB protocols for the lab. Submit research data to public database for published research work.
- Track spending by the lab and generate grant reports for the PI.
- Act as a direct liaison with research collaborators. Coordinate the logistics between the lab and other institutions, including transfer of materials.
- Responsible for training of new employees, residents, postdoctoral associates, fellows and students.
- Perform research involving highly specialized techniques in next –generation sequencing (Illumina), expression profiling (Illumina) and large-scale, robotic nucleic acid extraction.
- Facilitate interaction between Biobank and the lab for specimen retrieval, processing, and storage.
Highly Desired Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences.
- 4 years of work experience in molecular biology core facility or research labs
- Strong computer literacy
- Demonstrate ability to perform listed duties
Skill and Abilities
- Strong communication skills
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
- Work independently and follow through on work assignments
- Organized and detail - oriented
- Strong communication skills
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Founded in 1898, and affiliated with what is now New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 1927, Weill Cornell Medical College is among the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country. In addition to offering degrees in medicine, Cornell also has Ph.D. programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and with neighboring Rockefeller University and the Sloan-Kettering Institute, has established a joint MD-PhD. program for students to intensify their pursuit of Cornell's triple mission of education, research, and patient care.
Weill Cornell Medical College's educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, Weill Cornell Medical College continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow's leaders in the field of medicine.
Weill Cornell Medical College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.
Weill Cornell Medical College - 15 months ago