About the Company:
Just two years since launch, FindTheBest has grown from a small Santa Barbara garage to a 70+ employee company with 25M+ visitors a month, already a quarter the size of Yelp. Everyday, even the newest employees make a giant impact on our millions of users. If you’ve ever dreamed of being an entrepreneur—but want the security of a company built for success—there’s no better place to start your career.
FindTheBest helps people make big decisions. We collect, organize and present data in a consumer-friendly format so our users can pick the best smartphone, college, ski resort (and 800+ others) for them. Many employees specialize in one of 10 broad categories—like travel, sports, health, or education—designing smart filters, colorful visuals, and easy comparison tools to help people decide.
We're backed by two VC firms: Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers and New World Ventures. Our founder/CEO previously started DoubleClick (sold to Google for $3.1B). Located in Santa Barbara (“Silicon Beach”), we're fast-growing, and best of all, fun. Employees enjoy snacks, a game room, quick access to the beach, and daily classes with a personal trainer. Career opportunities abound for smart students from just about any background, from software engineering to sales to marketing to research and writing.
As a Research Statistician you are responsible for designing and performing business intelligence solutions that have direct and measurable impact to FindTheBest. In addition, you will provide analytic consultng and primary market research expertise to the product management team. Please include your GPA (cumulative, and Major/Minor) and your graduation date (if still in school) on your resume or cover letter.
- Conduct statistical analyses to solve business problems related to site traffic, monetization, user interaction, etc.
- Collaborate with engineering team to design and implement statistical tests
- Work with product management team to identify market trends and correlations among datasets
- Produce summary reports of analyses that can be used internally or published as formal market research reports
Start Date: Immediately
- High GPA in quantitative subject (such as economics, statistics, engineering, computer science), with significant coursework in statistics
- Experience in a related role focused on performing statistical tests and publishing results
- Experience in web analytics software such as Google Analytics, Omniture, etc. is preferred
- Strong technical writing skills, ability to deliver summary reports of analyses
- Data-driven mindset, strong problem solving skills
- Strong interest in technology, especially Big Data, and startups
- Excellent communication and team skills
- A competitive, ethical, and fair personality with a passion to win
Pay: Salary will be based on experience.
Benefits: Paid Time off as well as Health and Dental Insurance. Office snacks and drinks, ping-pong and foosball.
FindTheBest Inc. - 6 months ago