All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Entry-level position – no formal work experience required but summer job or similar experience intern experience preferred
- Ability to perform assigned tasks while working under direct supervision. Able to work accurately, work well with others, and pay strict attention to detail. Must be adaptable to do work which is varied, and requires an intellectual and professional approach. Requires a high degree of flexibility of skills and hours, including evenings and weekends.
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is seeking a Research Technician I. This entry-level research position participates in a planned research project by performing study procedures with minimal supervision and providing technical support.
Job Responsibilities include interacting positively with patients, families, associates, and all others in a respectful, courteous and confidential manner. Follows hospital and department procedures and policies, including but not limited to patient safety, mandatory education, confidentiality, attendance, etc. Completes tasks/activities in a timely and professional manner. Works as a member of the project team to achieve project goals and takes ownership of assigned tasks.
Job Specific Standards:
1) 25-30 hours a week will be spent collecting data by telephone interview for federally funded research study. Interviews will be conducted with caretakers of patients over the phone and data will be recorded in database. 10-15 hours of this time will be evenings/weekends.
2) 10-15 hours will be spent performing research-related duties for multiple research projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Additionally, there are a number of opportunities for exposure to journal club, clinical conference, hospital rounds and other clinically and/or research related activities depending on the candidates professional interests
- conducting chart review
- collecting, transporting and shipping biological specimens
- preparation and submission of applications, amendments, and continuing reviews to the CHOP Institutional Review Board
- data entry
- performing quality control measures on study data
- administrative tasks supporting a number of research studies
- all other duties as assigned
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...