Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center’s five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children’s, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
A laboratory in the Basic Sciences Division that uses developmental, genetic, cellular, and molecular approaches to look at different regulatory mechanisms and pathways required for proper Drosophila embryonic development is recruiting an experienced research technician to carry out an independent research project.
- The research technician will primarily carry out an independent research project that involves both developmental genetics and molecular biology.
- The technician will participate in lab meetings and journal clubs.
- Other responsibilities include general lab maintenance (ordering, caring for Drosophila flies, fly media preparation), and other duties as assigned.
- This is an ideal position for someone looking to attend graduate school.
- A bachelor’s degree in a biological science and at least two years of bench research experience are required.
- Reliability is essential.
- To be successful in this position, the technician must have scientific curiosity, a high level of self-motivation, the ability to take instruction and correction and to follow directions, good organizational skills, the ability to work independently, and wants to stay at least two years.
- Must be able to distinguish different intensities and hues of red color.
- Please note that the target start date of this position is July 1st, 2014.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center - 9 months ago