Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Compound adhesive batches out of solvent
• Coat adhesives with lab coating equipment
• Prepare samples for testing (laminating, die cutting, etc)
• Conduct small scale experiments/studies to support development efforts.
• Test products to OEM specifications per the details in the specifications.
• Perform standard laboratory testing for characterizing material properties.
• Provide written results from experiments
• Communicate effectively with peers in the lab and technical support
• Work as a team with the lab personnel
• Initiative to learn more about technology, processing and/or applications of pressure sensitive adhesives.
• Planning, conducting and reporting laboratory work in a timely manner.
• Experience with physical testing.
• Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities.
• Ability to be an effective team member.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and function specific software.
• Good math and analytical skills.
• Good verbal and written skills.
• Good organization and attention to detail.
• Environmental awareness and safety conscious.
• Able to summarize results and present in a clear manner.
• Bachelors degree in chemical engineering, polymer science, or similar field
• Familiarity with an Instron
• Ability to interface with cross-functional groups to define and execute overall requirements.
• Experience with solvents
Physical Work Location:
Painesville, OH Bldg 6
When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Avery Dennison Corporation - 7 months ago
Avery Dennison is easy to label: It's a global leader in the making of adhesive labels used on packaging, mailers, and other items....