California Institute of Technology
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Caltech is looking for a Research Technician to assist with research involving studying interactions between the microbiome and nervous system.
- Run standard assays in microbiology, molecular biology and neuroscience.
- Treat, test and dissect mice in animal models of nervous system disorders.
- Take an active interest in the science behind the experiments and contribute to improving the experimental approaches and techniques.
- Bachelors Degree.
- At least 6 months of relevant experience.
- Must be excited and committed to discovery science.
- Must be capable of doing repetitive work without losing attention to detail.
- Will be supervised closely while being trained but will be expected to run experiments and equipment independently after training.
- Efficiency, integrity, honesty and ability to work well both independently and with a team are essential.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: jobs.caltech.edu
- Prior experience with mouse studies and microbiology, molecular biology, or neuroscience research.
Caltech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
California Institute of Technology - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard