The position of includes, but is not limited to; tissue and blood handling and component preparation/manipulation, and cryopreservation (freezing using controlled rate-freezing devices, cell culture work, media production and research and development. This person must have good organizational skills, maintaining and filing client data and paperwork, controlling laboratory inventory and maintaining a clean compliant facility. This person must be able to perform a number of tasks and be able to adapt easily when confronted with a problem that they may not be accustomed to (problem solving is vital to this position).
- Perform routine laboratory procedures such as viability stains, cell counts, cell culturing, etc.
- Production of media.
- Writing of project documentation, including, test methods, test reports and validation protocols
- Perform routine quality control produces and environmental monitoring.
- Cell manufacturing of various cell lines.
- Perform human and animal tissue cell isolation procedures from various tissue sources.
- Maintain R&D area in a state that is suitable for the manufacturing of aseptically filled products in an ISO Class 7 Clean Room
- Follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records for patient test results as well as demonstrating proficiency testing is completed in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed;
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the established performance specifications;
- Perform high complexity testing only under the onsite supervision of a qualified general supervisor or higher.
- Bachelor of Science or Microbiology
- Good scientific approach
- Ability to work in a clean room
- Attention to detail and high standards for quality
- Experience in the preparation of formulations for human and animal testing advantageous
- Primary and other cell line culture experience
- Previous laboratory experience
Cook Medical - 17 months ago
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...