Job Posting |
*Are you an experienced CNA or MA who is able to work a rotating shift?
We are currently looking for a Research Technician at our Daytona Beach, FL location.
Covance is a leading supplier of drug development services to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. We partner with innovative companies, offering valuable services in all phases of the drug development process as well as analytical and commercial impact services. As an integral part of these partnerships, our employees make a difference in the lives of millions.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Performing blood pressure, venipuncture, weights, pulse, respiratory rate, and temperature readings
• Preparing and accurate recording of ECGs/Holters
• Collecting and processing of biological samples as specified in the protocol and ensures the proper distribution of those samples
• Monitoring meals to ensure dietary compliance by research participants
• Assisting with screening procedures as needed
• Accurately recording all research data obtained or observed
• Handling participant complaints efficiently and effectively in order that their satisfaction is maintained.
• Ensuring that client and participant confidentiality is maintained.
• Responding to client and team queries in a timely manner.
In the development of pharmaceuticals, the initial human trials (first-in-human trials) provide a preliminary evaluation of drug safety, tolerance and pharmacokinetics. As the drug candidate progresses through clinical development, clinical pharmacology studies such as drug-drug interaction, food effect and special population studies, will be conducted.
With state-of-the-art Clinical Research Units, Covance has helped hundreds of drug development companies progress their compounds from preclinical to proof-of-concept studies. Each Clinical Research Unit has a dedicated team of professionals, including physicians, scientists, project managers, nurses and recruiters - whose mission it is to bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner.
Covance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit: http://www.covancecareers.com/university
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• EMT, Phlebotomy, CMA or CNA certification, preferred.
• 0 – 1 year of clinical research experience
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...