We seek a highly talented Research Technician to join the Genome-wide Genotyping Facility within the Molecular Breeding Technology Team in St. Louis, MO. The production facility supports Monsanto’s molecular breeding efforts with the ultimate aim of aiding breeders in bringing new traits and new higher yielding elite lines of row crops and vegetables to market in a timely manner. Daily responsibilities include operation and troubleshooting of production systems, adherence to established protocols and cross shift/team communication on a daily basis. Prior work experience related to biology is preferred but not required.
The successful candidate will thrive on meeting production challenges, insist on high quality deliverables and demonstrate effective problem solving skills.
The candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team as well as have the ability to build strong relationships and networks with Monsanto managers and peers.
Primary working hours will likely be evening shift; hours to be determined. This position will likely work 2nd shift Monday-Thursday, 10 hours per day.
- Candidate will have an Associate's or Technical degree with at least 2 years of production or laboratory setting experience.
- Mechanical aptitude/experience operating automation.
- General computer knowledge/experience
- Ability to work evening shift hours
- Ideal candidate will have a B.A./B.S. degree or higher in science or engineering with a minimum of 1 year of experience in a production environment.
- Past laboratory experience with DNA extraction or molecular markers.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Evidence of strong talents in the area of:
This position will be staffed at Monsanto’s Chesterfield, MO location.
Monsanto - 11 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...