The Research and Communication Specialist position requires a high-energy, detail-oriented and inquisitive individual interested in facilitating health care-related learning. To be successful in this position, a candidate must be highly self-directed with the ability to juggle and execute multiple projects with a sense of humor while executing flawlessly.
The successful candidate will coordinate and manage critical communications and learning initiatives for ACHP’s Learning and Innovation areas, as well as source relevant new and emerging innovations. In addition, this position will collaborate with senior staff and communications staff to develop and implement communication initiatives, including related materials and services for ACHP’s member organizations and external audiences. Strong writing and verbal communication skills are essential, as this position will be required to synthesize and summarize information into meaningful communications.
The successful candidate will assist ACHP’s Director, Clinical Learning and Innovation in developing programs designed to improve health care.
- Synthesize and summarize information into event summaries, written reports, presentations, member case studies, “innovation briefs” and other relevant and essential materials for communications use, including regularly published ACHP communications products such as daily Media Monitoring Report and Leadership Matters.
- Offer excellent service to member plans by responding to specific queries and questions professionally, accurately, and promptly.
- Develop and sustain external information networks of practitioners and thought leaders to support program development and foster dissemination of innovations and ideas.
- Use knowledge of health plan and provider operations to assist in identifying and developing Learning and Innovation programs to improve ACHP member performance
- Conduct on-going communication and relationship-building with ACHP member organizations to identify operational best-practices in clinical areas to facilitate learning among members
- Project manage ACHP initiatives, including preparing for and running relevant meetings
- Develop and maintain strong expertise related to health plan operations, particularly in areas that could affect clinical performance and affordability.
- Develop and maintain useful, timely and consistent content on ACHP’s website.
- Other duties as assigned
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Business or a related field
- The ability to express complex ideas in simple terms and presentations, and clear, well-crafted written reports
- The skill sets to interact professionally and productively with member plans, ACHP staff, and other colleagues
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, frequently under tight deadlines
- An interest in health care operations is preferred
- Creative, inquisitive professional with an interest in health care issues
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to independently organize, prioritize and flawlessly execute multiple projects and tasks on time, within budget and with a sense of humor
- Intellectual curiosity and rapid-fire research abilities to constantly scan for innovative ideas and practices
- Solid communications skills
- Excellent ability to receive and convey detailed information clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Strong command of English grammar and precise editing skills
- Ability to create and deliver strong, convincing written, presentations,
- Proactive thinker – looks for opportunities to improve ACHP’s programs and office functions
- Project management experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and excellent judgment and the ability/willingness to think critically.
- Strong skills with MS Office applications (MS Access, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Customer-focused mindset
Two to four years of experience, preferably in a health care setting are preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience. ACHP offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Please forward a cover letter and CV to Human Resources, Alliance of Community Health Plans, via email at HR@achp.org or via fax at 202.785.4060. Please include Research and Communication Specialist in the subject line of your email.
The ACHP Foundation is dedicated to research that will enhance health care in the United States. As a 501(c)(3) corporation, the Foundation...