BCW Food Products, Inc.
Research and Development Food Scientist
- Must have experience in bakery product and dry mix formulation.
- Must have academic knowledge of Food Science (Food Science degree, specialized food science program such as AIB 16 week resident course, or equivalent work experience).
- Must understand ingredient functionalities.
- Must be detail oriented when formulating, sourcing of ingredients and implementing initial production of projects.
- Must have technical ability to troubleshoot and answer technical questions.
- Must have experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Control Procedures.
- Must have computer skills.
- Must have strong supervisory personnel skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently, meet project deadlines and prioritize responsibilities.
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing formulas.
- Responsible for planning and conducting production test runs.
- Responsible for following food regulations such as labeling, ingredient statements, and nutritional generation.
- Responsible for generating in-process, finished product and customer specifications.
- Responsible for effectively managing the R&D and Quality/Technical Departments.
- Shall enforce all company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for managing all technical support requirements for customers in cooperation with the sales team.
- Shall be responsible for any task assigned by management.
- Shall be responsible for maintaining and improving the safety, legality and quality of the products manufactured for the customers of BCW Food Products.
When Ben C. Williams founded B.C. Williams Bakery Service in 1935, he did so out of passion, and out of necessity. The baking industry...