The research and policy fellow supports Enterprise’s New York office in creating public policy at the state and local government levels that benefit low- and moderate-income communities through the creation and preservation of affordable housing.
Our NY office is located in the heart of the Financial District.
*Salaried position with benefits, for a 2 year duration.
S/he reports to the Deputy Director of the New York Office and works closely with program staff for green, Sandy recovery, preservation, and vulnerable populations.
• Communicate with affordable housing organizations on policy priorities and needs
• Monitor housing-related legislation in the NY State legislature and in the New York City council
• Facilitate Enterprise’s written response and testimony to state and local policy proposals
• Support relationship-building meetings with public officials
• Assemble research and data to demonstrate the impact of affordable housing
• Draft talking points; brief Enterprise staff on policy developments
• Researches topics important to Enterprise’s programmatic priorities in New York
Applicants must have at least a master's degree, an excellent academic record, superior written and oral communication skills, and a demonstrated commitment to public service.
Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
- 23 months ago - save job