Conducts research of data, using a variety of tools, which may involve property taxes, municipal searches, and flood zones. Extracts and compiles data into documents and reports.
Generally does not travel to sites to perform research or retrieve data.
Researchers conduct their research from an office environment and generally do not travel to research and retrieve data.
Searchers spend the majority of their time traveling to court houses and other locations to research and retrieve data using court documents, files and terminals.
- Performs complex research requiring interpretation of documents.
- Proofreads documents for grammatical, mathematical, typographical and compositional errors adhering to formatting standards and guidelines. Offers suggestions regarding structural changes and the redesign of documents to improve readability. Contacts clients/outside customers to clarify information.
- Researches complex documents/ descriptions and determines the appropriate action to take, such as which land to post the document to or determining subdivision edits for title plants and what will be opened in our online system for easy retrieval by our customers.
- Tracks and provides status to management on research progress.
- Determines correct information to use and ensure that the correct information is entered into the proprietary database.
- Performs duties such as maintaining simple to complex files, searching and investigating information contained in files, processing departmental documents requiring more specific knowledge of functional operations and entering report results into order tracking system.
- May read and follow instructions on difficult metes and bounds legal descriptions.