Introduction to the role:
Our market is young - so much is changing, and so little is truly understood about what works, what’s good and what isn’t, and why. To help our customers and industry influencers, we want to produce a constant pipeline of interesting, impactful content that grabs attention, challenges opinions and provides answers. Your role is to sit at the heart of our marketing team, and to author insightful reports, produce provocative whitepapers based on your research and wrangle new data-driven blog posts from our world-class analytics platform. One part researcher, one part writer and one part data scientist - blended magically together!
- Producing insightful, impactful content from our vast repository of realtime data and publicly available industry resources
- Shaping and sharing this content in different forms: across whitepaper, blog, webinar, industry events and so on.
- Taking briefs from colleagues to understand requirements and produce a customised brief/statement of work, working to ensure delivery is on time, on budget and meets the brief.
- Working with colleagues and customers to generate new frameworks and models that help illuminate industry changes
- Project managing other contributors to complete parts of larger reports.
- Staying up to date with the social media industry, in particular news relating to new methodologies, new trends and spotting gaps.
- Working closely with Data Scientists and Analysts in our Insights team to share learning
The ideal candidate will be:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Recent graduate or 1-2 years experience
- Strongly analytical, with the ability to highlight the interesting/actionable finding in a broad and complex dataset.
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to clearly explain complex ideas and data, both verbally with colleagues, and by combining words and visuals in reports and blog posts.
- Commercially minded.
- Well versed in the major trends, channels and sites in social media.
- Media-literate, engaged in the news and current affairs
- Interested in marketing, branding and the way in which we communicate with our peers and brands online.
- Highly organised and capable of managing workload and meeting deadlines.
- An excellent academic record
- A good level of competency in Excel (including formulas, pivot tables & charting), Word and PowerPoint
- The ability to quickly learn and successfully use new technologies
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
- 2nd language would be a considerable plus, especially if Spanish
- Strong Health & Benefits Package
- Great Flatiron Location
- 20 days paid holiday
- An environment where constant innovation and having fun are required
Brandwatch is one of the world’s best Social Intelligence Platforms. We help the biggest brands and most innovative agencies across the globe discover, understand and respond to relevant and important conversations as they happening on the web.
As we continue to rapidly expand at our Manhattan Office, we are hiring a number of smart, ambitious marketers to meet our growth plans for 2014.
Brandwatch - 5 months ago