The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is the leading education research company in the nation providing a continuum of education research, assessment, technical assistance and policy analysis from the school level up to the national and international levels. Our programs apply science to address real world issues on behalf of clients that include federal and state agencies, international development agencies, leading foundations, school districts and private businesses and our experts are a frequent source of information and guidance for policymakers, clients and the news media. We are currently seeking Researchers to join our staff.
The Researcher will work on several projects with responsibilities that may include:
- Serving as client contact for analytical or statistical expertise
- Managing or leading projects or tasks
- Developing conceptual frameworks that guide project work
- Applying appropriate techniques to collect, analyze and report quantitative data
- Organizing and documenting analytical results and research procedures
- Preparing technical reports and journal articles and present findings to clients and the public
- Assisting in developing and drafting new business proposals
- Mentoring junior research analysts, sharing their approaches to solving concrete problems, and providing feedback on the work of others
- PHD or Master's degree with 5-7 years of relevant work experience in economics, the social sciences or related field.
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in writing, conceptualizing, analyzing, and consulting.
- Experience managing detailed projects and small teams preferred.
- Proficient in SAS, STATA, or R, and open to learning new statistical tools in a relatively short period of time as required by different projects a plus.
American Institutes for Research - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...