American Progress has an immediate opening for a Researcher to work with the CAP Action War Room to produce timely research, fact sheets, and messaging documents for CAP Action on a variety of timely policy issues, including the economy, health care, and energy.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Write content for CAP Action products, including fact sheets, talking points, and background documents.
- Research legislation and summarize arguments of policy debates
- Monitor media, including both print and television.
- Assist with various research projects.
- Provide research, writing, and administrative support when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong research and writing experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly respond to news developments.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of LexisNexis, HTML, Photoshop, RSS, social networking/bookmarking, and media monitoring services helpful, but not required.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org .
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org .
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com .
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please .
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
- One to three years of experience in political research, policy/policy research, or policy blogging. Campaign experience desired, but not required.