Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a
. This position located in
St. Louis, MO
The Researcher is responsible for specific portions of projects as assigned and develops solutions to an assortment of problems. The Researcher may direct more junior technical staff in day-to-day activities on project work. The Researcher will assist with field and telephone research projects in a variety of capacities as assigned, such as supervising field staff, conducting qualitative interviews and focus groups, overseeing implementation of medium-sized surveys or components of large survey efforts, and conducting qualitative analysis.
The Researcher will report to a Manager and is provided work direction by more senior staff or project management. The person to whom the Researcher reports will evaluate performance based upon the responsibilities assigned. Principal responsibilities are:
- Performing assigned technical tasks and activities in a timely manner as assigned
- Developing study protocols, data collection materials, and IRB submissions
- Overseeing data collection activities for field, telephone, web, and mail survey efforts
- Supervising field data collectors on a variety of survey efforts, ensuring adherence to protocol and quality control standards
- Conducting qualitative data collection activities such as structured interviews with key informants, cognitive interviews, and focus groups
- Conducting analysis of qualitative data using a program such as NVivo
- Tracking study progress and preparing monthly progress reports
- Adhering to and complying with information security policies and procedures
- Attending Information Systems security training and reporting information systems security problems
- Contributing to proposal development
- Conducting quality assurance and quality control activities to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the data collected
- Assisting with a variety of other tasks to support research projects
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in a social science field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, with a proven ability to develop and maintain tracking files, sort and filter data, create charts, and produce summary reports
- Excellent interpersonal and problem resolution skills
- Must have strong organizational skills with an eye for detail
- Experience in multi-tasking, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Master’s degree in Public Health or a related field is strongly preferred
- Experience with qualitative data analysis using a program such as NVivo preferred
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
When you use a copier, hit a golf ball, or listen to a CD, you're using technologies developed by Battelle Memorial Institute. The...