Responsible for the development and performance of research projects in chemical engineer. This can include design of experiments, performing of experiments, computational and analytical modeling, data analysis, writing of reports and writing of research papers.
- Education: Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field
- Experience: 2 or more years research experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Skills: Knowledge of process control theory, experience of design and operation of high temperature furnace systems, especially for solar wafer manufacture. Understanding the basics of wafer manufacture. Demonstrated ability to supervise students in process control experiment. Experience in software modeling of chemical processes, especially using Matlab. Knowledge of gas turbine control systems with heat recovery.
- Physical Mobility: Primarily sedentary position with some mobility; i.e., ability to stoop, reach, bend at waist, grasp. Ability to lift and carry equipment to research site
- Environmental Conditions: May be exposed to some hazardous materials, chemicals. High temperature reactive materials such as silicon.
- Mental: Ability to work under pressure and meet inflexible deadlines; ability to work on several tasks simultaneously; ability to pay strict attention to research protocol, ability to remain calm and composed when dealing with difficult situations or people
- Other: May be required to travel to various research site locations off campus. Some evening and week-end hours may be required
- Education: MS degree in a chemical engineering
Temporary Full Time greater or equal to 4 months
Minimum Education Level
Master's Degree or equivalent
2747 - 3750 US Dollars Monthly
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...