Responsible for the development and performance of research projects in chemical engineer. This can include design of experiments, performing of experiments, computational and analytical modeling, data analysis, writing of reports and writing of research papers.
- Education: Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field
- Experience: 2 or more years research experience in an academic setting
- Skills: Computer literacy, including ability to use a variety of software packages to analyze data; ability to collect and record data; ability to set up and conduct sound experimental procedures; ability to analyze and interpret statistical data; ability to communicate statistical data in a clear, concise manner; ability to maintain accurate and detailed records; ability to understand and follow directions; must be able to work closely with others; analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Physical Mobility: Primarily sedentary position with some mobility; i.e., ability to stoop, reach, bend at waist, grasp. Ability to lift and carry equipment to research site
- Environmental Conditions: May be exposed to hazardous materials, chemicals, etc
- Mental: Ability to work under pressure and meet inflexible deadlines; ability to work on several tasks simultaneously; ability to pay strict attention to research protocol, ability to remain calm and composed when dealing with difficult situations or people
- Other: May be required to travel to various research site locations off campus. Some evening and week-end hours may be required
- Education: PhD degree in a related field
Temporary Full Time greater or equal to 4 months
Minimum Education Level
Master's Degree or equivalent
2747 - 4944 US Dollars Monthly
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...