Cerner is the leading U.S. supplier of healthcare information technology solutions that optimize clinical and financial outcomes. Around the world, health organizations ranging from single-doctor practices to entire countries turn to Cerner (NASDAQ: CERN) for our powerful yet intuitive solutions. Cerner offers clients a dedicated focus on healthcare, an end-to-end solution and service portfolio, and proven market leadership.
Cerner LifeSciences, a Cerner Corporation business (NASD: CERN) is widely recognized for advancing evidence-based medicine through solutions and services that deliver the latest scientific knowledge and best practices. Cerner LifeSciences is a leader in healthcare research and consulting services including: evidence-based market positioning, outcomes evaluation, systematic literature reviews and meta-analyses, guideline development, health economic modeling, burden of illness determination, quality of care assessments, and program interventions. Our deep clinical understanding of diseases and patients combined with unparalleled methodological academic rigor ensures that our consulting services are unrivaled. This combined with the company’s content solutions enable clients to:
The Infectious Disease Insights (IDI) group is currently involved in managing the data collection, processing, documentation and analysis of three longitudinal HIV cohorts.. There are currently six associates primarily involved in these projects, with many more contributors, including experienced informaticists, internationally recognized HIV investigators, sales and project management.
- Define market opportunities and strategies to fill knowledge gaps
- Evaluate clinical outcomes of interventions
- Provide competitive benchmarking and technology assessment
- Guide clinical trial design
- Develop evidence-based product positioning
- Perform economic analyses
- Plan publication of key research
- Support internal education
- Enhance strategic marketing campaigns
- Build credibility with key decision-makers, physicians and payers.
The responsibilities of the Researcher in this group will include:
Manage, troubleshoot (and write as needed) programs associated with data processing and quality assurance for all HIV cohort projects.
Key contributions to the creation of data quality assurance methodologies and processes
Serve as key contributor and thought leader to three of the HIV cohort projects. This entails:
Conduct and assist in data analysis of HIV Research projects
- communicate regularly and proactively with clients, sales, resource manager, and team members
- contribute such that all project deliverables are met
Help implement efficiencies in data capture and process improvement.
Serve as content expert of all databases collected through programs
Manage database quality in conjunction with team member
Provide insight into data transformations, mapping, and processing
This position is located in our Vienna, Virginia office.
- Master's degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, MIS or related field
- Minimum of 2+ years working with healthcare data
- Demonstrated aptitude for clinical research and data analysis
- Intermediate level or higher SAS programming experience
- Intermediate or higher knowledge of relational databases, and query languages like SQL
- Intermediate knowledge of both traditional statistical methods and modern statistical methodology (data mining, Bayesian modeling, hierarchical models, propensity scoring)
- Experience with epidemiology and/or outcomes research and/or survey and claims data analysis
- Experience with HIV terminology and clinical care
Cerner Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Cerner - 12 months ago
Health care is too important to stay the same!
We invite you to join us in our quest to make health care become all it should be. Since...