Conducts research of data, using a variety of tools, which may involve property taxes, municipal searches, and flood zones. Extracts and compiles data into documents and reports.
Generally does not travel to sites to perform research or retrieve data.
Researchers conduct their research from an office environment and generally do not travel to research and retrieve data.
Searchers spend the majority of their time traveling to court houses and other locations to research and retrieve data using court documents, files and terminals.
- Conducts physical research of data requiring the exercise of some judgment and discretion.
- Extracts and enters appropriate data onto application, other form, or database.
- Analyzes and interprets information extracted to meet requirements.
- May proofread documents submitted by Searchers for grammatical, mathematical, typographical and compositional errors adhering to formatting standards and guidelines.
- Performs duties such as maintaining simple to complex files, searching and investigating information contained in files, processing departmental documents requiring more specific knowledge of functional operations and entering report results into tracking system.
- May read and follow instructions on difficult metes and bounds legal descriptions.
- May update/maintain database with reviewed and corrected data.
First American Financial Corporation - 17 months ago