CBS Sports Network is searching for a motivated, self-starting sports nut to join its production team as a full-time Researcher. The position will report to the Chief Research er and be responsible for all production related research across its studio, remote and original production departments. A successful researcher at CBS Sports Network must love sports, be proactive and have a desire to contribute in a wide variety of ways to all of the network’s telecasts.
- Conduct thorough and accurate research for CBSSN’s studio, remote and original productions.
- Create research notes for producers and announcers encompassing a variety of sports including but not limited to College Football, College Basketball, NFL, Lacrosse, Hockey, Baseball, Softball and action sports.
- Fact Check Scripts and Graphics
- Generate story ideas
- Generate ideas for production graphics
- Answer specific research questions posed by show producers and announcers
- Analyze and interpret data for production needs
Extensive knowledge and passion for sports and statistics
One to three years experience in sports related research.
Familiarity with television production and graphics
Willingness to work non-traditional business days/hours.
Highly proactive and organized with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Must be detail-oriented.
Strong communication and written skills.
Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional ‘can do’ attitude at all times.
4-year college degree or equivalent work experience required.
CBS Corporation - 2 years ago