ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for conducting research of a technical nature for the purpose of assisting clients with the process of getting their products certified in multiple countries.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Conduct research of a technical nature, including (70%):
- Working with client to identify the product for which certification is required
- Working with the client to identify the product categories that are applicable to the certification
- Working with Intertek engineering to obtain a basic knowledge of product category and/or product function
- Identifying the applicable governmental bodies, ministries, and certification bodies
- Identifying the legislation, standards, and certification process applicable for the product(s)
- Contacting the applicable governmental bodies, ministries, and certification bodies to confirm research
- Perform project management functions, including (30%):
- Completing applications
- Forwarding completed applications to various country certification bodies
- Sending approved certification to client
- Perform other work as required
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
- 4 year college degree; Prefer college degree of a technical nature
- Prior research experience of a technical nature is preferred
- Excellent communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to review and understand various documents of a technical nature
- Excellent internal personal skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
Intertek offers a culture motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
Intertek - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...