The Reservation Agent is responsible for providing a professional, yet personal and efficient reservation experience for each guest of the resort. Process all advance deposits, cancellation penalties according to established resort requirements. Provide information to any guest or visitor inquiring about room reservations and ancillary spending. In addition, he/she is expected to complete daily checklists and practice aggressive hospitality and courtesy at all times.
• Approach all encounters with guest and employees in a professional and personalized manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Turnberry Isle Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Must have a professional image and personality exuding confidence and leadership skills whilst encouraging safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Know all hotel emergency procedures.
• Take care of managing all group reservations aspects in a timely and accurate manner.
• Superior phone etiquette, manners, record keeping and follow-up skills.
• Maintain database of guest preferences, habits and special dates.
• Liaison with key departments to ensure optimal performance.
• Participation and attendance at Royal Service, interdepartmental communication meetings and pre-conference meeting.
• Complete projects in a timely manner as required by the Director of Revenue and the Reservation Manager.
• Initiates actions to improve JD Power, Silent Shopper, EOS and Health & Safety.
• Responsive to new trends and demands as they relate to guest service.
• Develops strong team spirit amongst co-workers and related departments.
• Be able to endure excessive typing.
• Be able to participate proficiently in functions outside one’s department when called upon
• Must speak English and Spanish.
• Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation, superior organizational skills and sophisticated communication skills.
• Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment and prioritize job duties.
• Detailed oriented and analytical mindset an asset.
• Professional manners, outgoing personality and ability to work on own initiative a must.
• Excellent knowledge of Property Manager System recommended but not required.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Windows ’95 or Windows XP an asset.
• Hospitality degree/diploma preferred.
• Past hospitality Reservations, Front Office or Sales experience an asset.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Typing skills required.
Turnberry Associates - 22 months ago
Turnberry Associates tries to turn real estate into gold. The company develops and manages commercial and residential real estate, primarily...