- Receives and answers guest inquiries friendly and efficiently.
- Sells and promotes the sale of guest rooms, and other hotel outlets, including restaurants and meeting/banquet facilities.
- Utilizes the Desmond 9-star program (Signature) when answering reservation calls.
- Processes mail, which includes reservation forms, advance deposits, gift certificates, and guest inquiries.
- Researches and calls on no-show reservation billing when appropriate.
- Inputs rooming lists for groups.
- Maintains organized files of group blocks, reservation forms, and VIP faxes.
- Runs confirmations weekly and post postage through the meter.
- Provides assistance to group sales to retrieve pick-ups and running of guest lists.
- Continually pulls arrival reports to check for duplicate reservations.
- Provides added coverage for front desk and switchboard when needed.
- Assists the Reservations Coordinator in accomplishing hotel goals and objectives.
- Performs all other assigned duties to assist in efficient departmental operation.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one (1) year of hotel, hospitality, sales or related experience.
- Excellent public relations and communications skills.
- Computer data entry experience required.
- Requires wearing of uniform and ability to fulfill related Hotel personal appearance standards for this position.
- 2 years ago - save job