A. Conduct sales transactions on the cash register.
B. Process OCC charges according to college guidelines.
C. Perform cash register reconciliation, as needed.
D. Respond to customer inquiries; provide general information to the public and direct special calls to the appropriate personnel or department.
E. Responsible for providing helpful and responsive customer service, assuring good public relations.
F. Maintain appropriate competency in contemporary computer technology.
G. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director. (M.E.)
1. Process accounts receivable payments, as needed.
2. Process Financial Aid sales in Datatel.
3. Process and maintain all documents and files relating to credit card and financial aid charges.
4. Responsible for check approval.
5. Process Customer merchandise returns and adjustments.
1. Set up Planetarium ticket and merchandise sales areas in an attractive and neat manner and leave area in clean condition.
2. Handle all ticket and merchandise sales in an efficient and courteous manner.
3. Replenish sales merchandise from stock as required.
4. Maintain knowledge of current and upcoming Planetarium shows and schedule.
5. Maintain proper records of Planetarium ticket sales, merchandise sold and inventory of same, if necessary.
6. Reconciliation of cash registers and box office ticketing system for the business day.
1. Responsible for ticket sales and cash register operations.
2. Answer Box Office telephone and disseminate correct information regarding performances
and ticket prices.
$10.00 per hour
A. High School graduate or equivalency diploma.
B. Excellent keyboard skills.
C. Ability to operate standard office machines and store equipment, including the copier, calculator and manual pricing equipment.
D. Ability to operate a cash register.
E. Ability to do mathematical computations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, computing percentages and averages accurately.
F. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form
G. Ability to establish effective relationships with faculty, staff, students and general public.
H. The ability to use effective selling techniques to increase the average sales check.
A. Previous sales/cashier experience.
B. Previous experience in dealing with the public.
Open Until Filled
Anticipated Start Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A completed Non Professional online application is required.
Hours of Work:
On call as needed.
Days of Work:
If other, please specify: