Under general supervision, enforces municipal parking regulations; performs related duties as required.
Part-time position; approximately 15-20 hours per week including nights and weekends.
Examples of Duties:
• Patrols assigned area on foot or via vehicle or Segway to enforce parking regulations;
• Responds to parking complaints outside of the normal patrol areas as needed;
• Issues citations and arranges towing for vehicles found in violation of City ordinances as appropriate;
• Time marks vehicles parked in time restricted zones;
• Notes improperly parked vehicles and takes appropriate enforcement action;
• Recommends justifiable excuse of violations;
• Notes malfunctioning parking meters and reports same to maintenance personnel;
• Answers inquiries from general public and provides directions and street locations;
• Participates in public information sessions to educate citizens on City ordinances related to parking;
• Files traffic citations according to established procedures;
• Prepares daily reports of activities;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED;
• Prior ordinance enforcement experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• written and oral communication;
• operating assigned equipment.
• learn and become familiar with local parking ordinances and others that relate to public safety;
• be firm but tactful with the public;
• present a good public relations image;
• establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public;
• perform work requiring good physical condition.
• Valid North Carolina driver's license and acceptable driving record.
• Must be available to work approximately 15-20 hours per week, including nights and weekends.
City of Greenville, NC - 10 months ago