Advanced Battery Technologies, Inc. is an 13-year-old growing company with an innovative and successful track record. We are in the business of managing power for our reserve power customers to assure the lowest cost of operation. Partnered with the largest industrial battery manufacturer in the world, EnerSys, and supported by a tenured and talented management team, we have aggressive growth plans to expand outside of our current five locations (Greensboro, NC; Charlotte, NC; Greenville, SC; Nashville, TN; Chattanooga, TN).|
We are seeking people who share our values: Build Trust, Take Ownership, Be a Leader, Deliver Solutions and Exceed Customer Expectations.
JOB PURPOSE: Manage Reserve Power Field Service Technicians and others in the provision of competent, high-quality installation and maintenance services to Telecom DC power and Critical Facilities. The primary geographic scope is in the Carolinas with some overflow into contiguous states and FL. Position will also be responsible for meeting overall revenue, expense, and profit goals set by management; providing customer quotations; producing management reports; and reporting all service activities. Address customers needs for DC power equipment, CO, Remote Huts, and Outside Plants. Products and Services include installation and removal of batteries, rectifiers, inverters, racks, control panels, and emergency power infrastructure. This position is a hands-on manager position. You will be asked to work on installs and PMs along with the technicians. There will be weeks you are out at customer sites as well as behind a desk.
- Delight ABT customers with superb service and caring attention to meet their needs.
- Plan, supervise, and participate in DC Power installations and removals. Performing these services while the system is energized (hot) is a must.
- Direct, coach, and develop technicians. Review and approve timesheets. Ensure all service techs are working efficiently and effectively. Review open/past due work orders. Develop, review, and issue service schedules.
- Review, maintain, and enforce safety standards.
- Ensure fleet vehicles are inspected and operating properly. Review, maintain, and enforce all DOT, OSHA, and Pipeline Hazmat guidelines.
- Communicate routinely with Director of Service regarding customer priorities, installation scheduling, deliveries and services.
- Gain an in-depth technical knowledge of our products and programs.
- Oversee service technicians in the timely and proper execution of battery PM agreements to include ba
- High School Diploma
- AAS Degree / Tech School preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office and computer knowledge.
- 3 - 7 years of service experience with DC Power Installations is required.
- Experience in Telecom Industry preferred but not required.
- Ability to operate various company vehicle types in a safe and competent manner. Must have a valid drivers license and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations. Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
- A working knowledge of AC and DC electrical up to 480 volts, safety procedures, preparatory and job-site documentation requirements and service/maintenance protocols.
- A basic knowledge of telecommunications central office power equipment installation and service quality audit procedures.
- Knowledge of DC Power Infrastructure design and installation required
- Strong verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers with ease.
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly (both written & oral) and listen accurately.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work without much supervision.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with diverse needs.
- Ability to maintain effective and respected work place relationships.
Work Habits and Attitude:
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude.
- Strong Work Ethic.
- Team Player.
- Positive Mental Attitude.
- Customer Satisfaction Focused.
While performing duties of the above jobs, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The technician frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The technician must have the ability to regularly lift at least 110 pounds (UPS battery replacement).
CareerBuilder - 9 months ago