Summary: The Reservoir Engineer is an important and integral part of the Company's engineering team. This individual will provide outstanding planning skills and engineering support in reservoir appraisal, development planning and reserve optimization.
• Assist in the preparation of annual reserve report and quarterly updates.
• Forecast production, evaluate reserves, and assess economics of drilling and workover recommendations.
• Provide reservoir surveillance of properties and make recommendations for optimizing completion and stimulation designs, production rates and reserves.
• Provide support to in assessing new prospects.
• Support field operations in evaluating capital investments and operating costs.
• Provide well testing, NODAL analysis, pressure transient analysis, and rate transient analysis expertise.
• Supervision of 3rd party consultants and reservoir simulation and modeling.
• Perform reservoir and well evaluations using advanced reservoir engineering techniques including reservoir simulation.
• Assist in the preparation of strategic plans for resource play assessment and development.
Bachelors in Petroleum Engineering and 8+ years of applicable experience in Reservoir Engineering
Reservoir simulation experience is preferred, knowledge of basic PC software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), petroleum/reservoir engineering applications (pressure transient analysis, material balance analysis, nodal analysis), and economic software is expected.
Other skills and competencies required for this position are:
• Ability to prioritize and focus team efforts.
• Handle multiple projects concurrently.
• Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Range Resources Corporation - 13 months ago