Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: |
OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Reservoir Engineer within our Permian Primary group based in Houston, Texas.
The successful candidate in this position will be responsible for developing full field forecasts, booking and tracking reserves; and working closely with geoscientists, reservoir engineers and operations to devise field development plans, drilling locations, associated economics and injection requirements. Potential projects include development and exploration drilling projects, recompletions and other workovers, and support of local business development opportunities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Identify and implement business unit improvements to enhance organizational performance.
- Duties involve identification, justification, and implementation of reserves-bearing opportunities.
- Short and long term production forecasting, reserves estimation and reporting, and support of annual budget and planning cycles.
- Supporting projects through proposal and approval processes.
- Cooperatively works projects in conjunction with other engineering disciplines, geologists and land personnel.
- Practical economic analysis of recommendations along with technical analysis.
- Thorough understanding of practical petroleum economic theory
- Demonstrated ability to forecast reserves using multiple techniques for conventional and/or unconventional plays
- Broad understanding of Pressure/Rate Transient Analysis theory and application.
- Ability to make technically sound decisions and recommendations with less than perfect or incomplete data sets.
- Ability to work closely with geophysicists, geologists in identifying infill and outset drilling locations.
- Proven success in identifying and executing value-added projects
- Identify bypassed pay and make economic and technical recommendations for capital recompletions.
- Display strong knowledge of reservoir engineering concepts and applications
- Possess effective technical presentation and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-discipline team environment
- Good problem solving skills, time management skills, communication skills, and established drive for results.
- Functions well in team-based environment; can effectively establish and maintain peer relationships
- Is/becoming comfortable when dealing with ambiguity
- Capable of handling multiple jobs simultaneously
- Capable of sharing knowledge with others
- Bachelor of Science degree in petroleum engineering or related engineering discipline
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- A minimum of 2 years experience in reservoir engineering
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company — one of the largest...