The Mid-Continent Business Unit is seeking an experienced Reservoir Engineer with a proven track record of accomplishments to support various high-profile and emerging liquids plays for the company. In return, you will have the opportunity to work in a true team environment and make a significant impact on high-profile projects. Further, you will gain experience with a company that is a challenging and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with a variety of career growth opportunities and programs that recognize and reward demonstrated results.
- Develop and implement reservoir evaluation programs for multiple unconventional reservoir prospects.
- Develop probalistic economic models at well and field level.
- Work closely with G G & E to quantify OGIP and identify reservoir flow units and storage units.
- Define the resource potential for each flow unit, EUR and spacing requirements.
- Consolidate data and information & construct appropriate reservoir models to assist in assessing well performance.
- Generate comprehensive development plan to best exploit potential & generate the most value.
- Coordinate with technical staff to integrate and apply new understanding to development program.
- Develop test and surveillance program to adequately evaluate upside potential.
- Work with team to ensure that maximize value associated with completion strategy.
- Provide reservoir engineering support for acquisition and exploration strategies.
- Work in multi-disciplined asset management team.
- Actively engage in peer reviews to assess and convey program risk & upside.
- A minimum of ten years experience specific to technical reservoir engineering. Exposure to an onshore resource play strategy/business model with liquids and oil preferred.
- Business and Technical Acumen: Knowledge and expertise in formulating competitive strategies and managing policies, practices, trends and information affecting the total business. Proven track record of accomplishments.
- Understanding of geological, geophysical, and economic concepts.
- Computer: Proficiency with economic modeling software (ARIES preferred), experience in Petra and PowerTools a plus. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze extensive amounts of data and information quickly coupled with the ability to make sound business recommendations based upon technical analysis.
- Communication and Teamwork: Ability to listen effectively, as well as speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings & styles. Ability to function profitably in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Leading Adaptive Change: Create and respond appropriately to changing conditions; apply continuous improvement techniques to help create new business opportunities and best practices.
- BS in Petroleum Engineering or other engineering discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- Commitment to Encana Expectations and passionate desire for continuous improvement in these areas.
- Ability to satisfy Department of Justice requirements with or without assistance from Encana.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience preferred.
Encana is an EEO/AA employer
Encana - 14 months ago
Encana Oil & Gas (USA) is a south of the border chip off the block of a Canadian energy giant. The company is an exploration and...