Within Shell Projects & Technology, our Innovation, Research & Development organisation brings the creative talent behind Shell technologies into one team. It develops differentiating technologies with application in a two- to 20-year time horizon to implement a holistic Group technology strategy. This includes development of
technologies needed to create new future businesses for the Group. As customers today may not know what they will need in 10 years, we are working to assess potential wants and needs, as well as to evaluate how to best address these.
At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions. We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world. If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell. We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life. Join us and let’s make a real difference together.
Support the development and commercialization of the giant Grosmont Devonian carbonate asset using thermal EOR technologies. Development strategy will be executed via a sequential Field Testing approach to address the key risks. Project team is currently operating a long heater test and constructing a water de-risking test with additional pilots involving electric heaters and steam injection under consideration. De-risking Field tests will be designed,executed and analyzed in strong collaboration with the business unit.
The Reservoir Engineer will report to the Reservoir Engineering Focal Point/Principal Reservoir Engineer. His/her principal accountabilities are:
- Support reservoir engineering assessments for advanced thermal recovery schemes in support of field test design and execution as well as commercial concepts evaluation
- Support the identification and evaluation of key subsurface technical risks and develop mitigation / evaluation / surveillance plans to support field test design and operation as well as ultimate commercial decisions
- Apply field data from pilots and R&D learnings and advancements in reservoir engineering analyses
- Interface with other teams within the company, to support field pilot/commercial project planning and execution
- Support reservoir engineering input for appropriate Review and Assurance process
- Share knowledge with other members in the subsurface team.
Individual contributor working with teams and individuals from a wide spectrum of business and technical disciplines: Heaters, Subsurface R&D, Petrophysics, Geology, Geophysics, Hydrology, Drilling & Completions, Production, Surface Engineering, Downstream, Geo-mechanics and Regulatory
Experience and qualifications required:
- Working effectively with multiple teams to deliver and secure buy in for complex technologies and projects, specifically with the Subsurface R&D team to incorporate latest knowledge and assimilate modeling tools for the analysis of field pilots and commercial development options
- Delivering novel thermal EOR recovery schemes given uncertainties and current understanding of unconventional oil process
- Keep abreast of competitor, industry and academic developments in the relevant fields
- Successful maturation of IUP technology and development of innovative solution space for ultimate commercial success
- Ensure rapid and effective deployment of new technologies and tools
- 5+ years of Petroleum Engineering experience with an emphasis on reservoir modeling, BS degree in related subject with advanced degree preferred
- Exposure to fractured carbonate reservoir modeling a plus
- Experienced in thermal recovery process evaluation using reservoir simulators
- Experience developing technology and/or applying new technical concepts
- Ability to integrate HSSE into Business Plans and Procedures
- Ability to analyze, support and communicate well-founded decisions
- Ability to communicate technical analysis effectively to management and technical professionals
- Strong communication skills, an open-minded approach and excellent team working skills
- Knowledge in advanced thermal reservoir recovery process modeling is a plus
- Knowledge in technology maturation and innovation, including development and execution of field tests and pilots is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership competences
Sunday 07 July 2013
Number of Vacancies
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our
policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shell - 4 months ago
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and Ne...